Re: draft-ietf-msdp-spec

Steven,

> Do you mean RFC 2385?  The same option I'm writing an RFC deprecating,
> because this doesn't seem to conform to the environment we're declaring
> appropriate for it?

Yes, I believe 2385 is what the document implies (still haven't
waiting for an answer from Dave). Note though, that the environment
for MSDP is extremely similar to that of BGP, the difference is in how
MSDP sessions span the network. In case of BGP most sessions span
either one link or one admin domain (except for the rare cases). In
the MSDP case, the MSDP speakers can be inside different ASes, not
necessarily at the AS border routers.

Alex