Re: draft-sun-handle-system-protocol-04.txt

--On mandag, april 21, 2003 11:05:37 -0700 Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com> wrote:

Harald,

note that these documents purport to describe a system that was
implemented  years ago and is in active use. it's also a document set
that's going for  informtaional, where we (the IESG) have been sitting
on it since roughly  forever.
I think we did not see the protocol document before this - recall a new
document set appeared at the RFC Editor in the last few weeks - that was
the correspondence that Braden had with Sam Sun.  Before this there was a
document about the namespace design, but this is the first time that
I ever saw the UDP-based transport protocol, for instance.  There used to
be just the one architecture document that Leslie reviewed for PAF, to my
recollection.
the two other documents were handed to the IESG in January, according to the RFC Editor's queue; December according to the I-D tracker.

That said, during the call we agreed on an approach where we could add to
the IESG note some intimations of the protocol quality issues we have
found, and not have an expectation the authors would make changes in the
documents or the protocols.
That approach sounds sound to me.

                 Harald