Re: ID-NITS [ was: RE: Re: More IESG comments ondraft-ietf-ipsec-cip h-aes-cbc]

--On onsdag, april 23, 2003 10:43:27 +0200 "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com> wrote:

I am willing to let go. But....

My main concern is that we have these ID-nits and we seem
unwilling to enforce (for valid and sometimes invalid reasons).
And so we set precedents for others to ignore these specific
NITS and for people to question if any of the NITS are really
hard rules or just "buraucracy".

I have been saying for quite a while...

  We need (as short as possible) a set of NITs that we really care
about and that we're willing to enforce. All the others that we are
willing to relax on we should relax on and only show them as
guidelines or "it would be nice if"... and such... but on that latter
set we should then never hold up a document.
you're right.
This will be on our retreat agenda: Sorting the nits.

             Harald