Re: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-02.txt

>no matter what, this whole thing is FAR better than the single-value,
>no-update-time value for timezone that is in a current DHCP option....

Harald,

  DHCPv4 option #88 is the POSIX timezone option.  I don't think anyone
uses it (e.g. ISC's dhcpd config file permits "option time-offset NNN;"
to configure the option#2 style, but has no config file syntax for the
option#88 style), even though it was defined in 1996.

  This -dhcpv6- draft defines the same thing (with the addition of the
external database reference) for DHCPv6.

  Bill