Re: radius in draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-03.txt

> From my perspective, this isn't how I thought radius was intended to
> be used (e.g., a backend database for storing VPN information,
> including some topology aspects).

Actually, this is exactly what RFC 2868 does, which defines RADIUS tunnel
attributes. This allows setting up of compulsory tunnels, dynamic VLANs
and other network topologies. In fact, I'd argue that most of this draft
could be accomplished simply by defining new values for the existing
tunnel attributes.