Re: ID-NITS on draft-shah-extreme-eaps-02.txt

> IPR section says:
>   INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
>
>     Extreme Networks Inc. has filed patent applications on and related
>     to the technology described herein.
>
> So for a doc like this, is that according to our process, or should
> it still be according to RFC2026 sect 10.4 ??

I suggested this to Ran (who is effectively the editor of the document)
with the disclaimer that 2026 is only about standards track but that it
would be useful to apply to this info document as well.

Ran almost had a fit and said he would do such a change but only under protest.
 I think it would be very useful to have the 2026 boilerplate text
for non-standards track documents, but should we also push for
IPR notifications at www.ietf.org for such documents or should
we allow explicit text in the document (as in the above case) together
with the boilerplate?

  Erik