PPVPN: next steps

Rick, Marco-

 After the conference call we had with you guys Friday morning, Bert,
 Thomas, and I discussed the PPVPN WG management topic again.

 We reviewed the points that have been brought up in our e-mail
 conversations and the two conference calls we had, and came to a
 unanimous agreement that separating the L3 and L2 VPN areas in two
 WGs is still the best way forward for the VPN work.

 As such, I am going to stick to the plan outlined to you before. As
 part of it, I will send a message to the PPVPN WG mailing list this
 week describing the strategy being considered, and soliciting
 additional feedback from the community.

 We will also keep you updated with regards to the actual process of
 creation of the new WGs, as well as selection of the chairs for them.

 I sincerely hope for your cooperation during the transition process
 so that we can together make it as painless as possible.

 I suggest that you guys coordinate all PPVPN-related decisions with
 the involved ADs (Bert, Thomas, and myself included) as now those
 will affect future WGs.

 Thanks.

--
Alex Zinin