Re: draft-ietf-xmldsig-xc14n-00.txt

well, smb asked me to review this one.  but i do not meet the
condition stated in 1.0

   An understanding of the Canonical XML Recommendation [XML-C14N]
   is required.

except s/understanding/reading/.  and i am on a plane, so can not
dereference the w3.org urls.  so take my comments with a generous
dipping of shoyu.

1.3.1 demands non-imported namespaces be redeclared at apex nodes,
or in the interpreting context.  i would think that, alternatively
but maybe not deeply interestingly, they might be declared at
orphans which are ancestors of all uses.

3.1.3.4 is missing the verb clause.  i think it is likely that of
3.1.3.3, i.e., render a default namespace declaration, xmlns="".

the sec cons statements seem semantically correct and complete.
whether you dislike the restriction in 5.2, esoteric cases,
sufficiently to special case it would seem to depend on your
willingness to get kinky to deal with non-well-formed xml.  i am
not so willing.

randy