Comment on NETCONF charter

The charter currently includes this paragraph:

The Netconf protocol will use XML for data encoding purposes,
because XML is a widely deployed standard which is supported
by a large number of applications. XML also supports
hierarchical data structures and multiple character sets.

The last clause bothers me. While it is true XML can be encoded
in multiple charsets, doing so is rarely a good idea. While I understand
that this is meant to sell XML as a viable solution, I think it would
be best to drop the last four words.

				Ned