Re: Liason to IEEE 802

What John said when I pinged him about this...

[John Klensin wrote:]
With appropriate allowances for the onset of senility, my
recollection is that Bert asked for this --and only this, not a
general 802 liaison-- and we said something closer to "sure, why not"
than "yes". If it didn't make it only the web page, either the
Secretariat screwed up, or Bert assumed I was going to take care of
it, or vice versa -- I presume it should have been listed even if it
was only tied to the hubmib effort.

If you were contemplating a liaison to 802 more generally, the
politics are complex. Bob Moskowitz mentioned to me in San Francisco
that he had been following many of their activities and attending
most of their meetings. As a former IAB member with a reasonably good
understanding of how we function, he would probably be a good source
of advice/insight as to what you should be looking for/ watching out
for.

Leslie.

Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
This is what I was talking about during the retreat.
So this one is not listed on the Liasons web page.
May be it is because Dan is only LIason for the HUBMIB WG?

Thanks,