RE: Advance RFC 2234? (was Re: DISCUSS on UTF-8 to Standard)

>I certainly would like to see the document advance. As to whether or not
>a new version is needed, I'm somewhat ambivalnet -- there are a few
>typos that need correction (see the RFC Editor errata page for specifics),
>but nothing major.

I was suggesting advancing it in place to avoid the author issue that
Harald mentioned.  I agree it would be nice to get the typos fixed.

>Additionally, I would like information about
>the various validators people have written so I can add it to the report.

I wrote one in lex and yacc which reads the grammar, hopefully supplying
useful error messages, then outputs it again in a normalized form.
(The normalization helped to catch a missing "/" in the SIP grammar.)
The "I wish I had time to do this" features include parsing an input
string to see if it fits the grammar, and doing "mad libs" to see what
possibly-unexpected input the grammar also accepts.

I can't release the source yet but I've been really really meaning to
create a web interface to it.

  Bill