Evaluating a draft on restricting posting rights

Jorge,

the IESG has been asked to evaluate the following draft:

draft-mrose-ietf-posting-02.txt

for BCP status, making it part of our ruleset.
I am enclosing a copy, just in case that's easier - it's a short doc.

Questions for you:

- This process creates a public statement that is somewhat semantically equivalient to "the IETF says that so-and-so is a worthless idiot".
Does this create significant liability risk for the IETF?

- Is the process outlined in the document strong enough and reasonable enough that attempts to collect damages from the IETF would be easily dismissable?

- Is having this document and this process better than just doing the same thing secretly? (I *hope* that's a rhetorical question!)

- Are there other issues with it from your standpoint?

Just flagging my personal interest up front: I think this procedure, or something like it, is needed, unfortunately. So if you tell me it's a bad idea, you'll have to explain it carefully :-)

Harald