Re: agenda

Hi Harald,
	I think it would be simplest to lump
anything that needs this treatment into "management items",
but both suggestions would work for me.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie

At 8:30 PM +0200 5/7/03, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
--On onsdag, mai 07, 2003 10:14:57 -0700 Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com> wrote:

I'm also in favor of a public agenda, with the caveat that one section
be listed only in summary.  I really don't care what the section is called
(Administrative issues is fine by me), but there are a set of topics that
I want us to be able to discuss without public disclosure until we are
ready to minute an action.  As an example, a public agenda item
on the "de facto charter" for IMPP would have invited comment
before we had agreement on a way forward and would have forced
a particular timing to that discussion.  Having someplace to put
those discussions is very useful.

In order to limit the black helicopter view of that, I suggest that topics
for that section be limited to items that do not produce a formal
action item.  When a formal action item is needed (public update
of the charter in the above case), they return to the agenda in
the appropriate slot.
suggestions, based on Bert's and Ted's concerns:

- make the public agenda not have links to the details documents for stuff that's "in "management items". First iteration: No links at all..

- take stuff like IMPP strategy discussions under "WG news we can use".

alternatively, we can make the topics under "management items" invisible on the public agenda.

harald