Re: Resolving my DISCUSS on ipv4 linklocal

In message <49360000.1052471809@askvoll.hjemme.alvestrand.no>, Harald Tveit Alv
estrand writes:
>See below. I have indicated to Erik Guttman that I think the warnings are
>sufficiently draconian to allow the document to be published.
>
>It doesn't make the technology harmless, of course, but it allows us to say
>"I told you so" when the problems occur....

Reading your list reminds me of another point -- some implementations
of lpd wonm't accept IP addresses for remote printers.  That's not a
protocol flaw; it will definitely cause things to break without some
link-local host name resolution mechanism.

I haven't checked the latest rev of the draft yet to see if my DISCUSS
comments are resolved.  And I'm on an airplane so I can't even check of
my DISCUSS has been cleared, though a *quick* scan of my mail archives
suggests that I have not cleared it.  (Hmm -- this plane claims to
permit IM for $5.99 per flight.  I doubt they support encrypted
Jabber, however.)