Re: new vs returning item problem

I think I should have made some sort of note on how this new and
returning IDs get detected by the system.
So, here is my late note on "new and returning":
I had added a new field "Telechat date" to the system and make ID
Tracker decide whether a ballot is new or returning based on that new
field.  When an ID gets added to the Tracker, the "Telechat Date" is
always empty.  When an ID gets on Telechat agenda, the Tracker insert
the telechat date selected by an user into the "Telechat Date" field,
and this is when the Tracker decides whether the ID is new or returning
-- If there is any old value existing in the field, the ID is returning,
else the ID is new.

Now, since this new field's been used from April 30th Telechat, there
was no returning item recorded prior to this date. (You may ask Jackie
to figure out all the returning item prior to April 30th and record on
ID Tracker). And that's why some returning item have not detected by the
Tracker.

And here is how you simply make an ID returning:
>From the detail page, change the Telechat Date to a date other than
currently set date and ***UPDATE*** the ID.
Then, change the Telechat date back to the original telechat date and
update the ID again.
Make sure the agenda box is checked during those updates.
Now you have just made an ID a returning item, so just wait until next
web update to see the change.

Please let me know if I didn't make this procedure clear or there is any
possible logical mistake on my algorithm.

thanks,
Michael