Re: draft-ietf-msdp-spec-16.txt vs. security

MSDP is an evolutionary dead end, except it's all we've got.  There are
no promising ideas waiting in the wings for supporting interdomain any-
source multicast.  Given that, I'd expect it to keep living for a long
time, and for people to want to build on it even though it's not what we
want...

I think that MUST in an Experimental is meaningful.  Although 2119's
introduction mentions standards track documents, it seems to me that
the definitions still apply within the context of the document.

I think MUST have keyed-MD5 and MUST interoperate with implementations
that don't have it would work.  The latter allows existing implementations
to play, and the former supplies some modicum of security when moving
forward.

  Bill