Re: Fwd: IPv6 multicast peer to peer system as internet RFC

I think he's actually worked with me on the Linux Counter for a while :-)

HIOF is a very competent college, and has imaginative people working there. With the state of multicast (and IPv6 multicast) being what it is, I think they should aim for Experimental status, and ask for review from some experts, but I haven't looked at the document.....

Harald

--On 14. mai 2003 12:25 +0200 Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> wrote:

Anyone want to take up this?

Anyone you know Harald?

   paf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andreas Bergstrøm <andreas.bergstrom@hiof.no>
Date: ons maj 14, 2003  12:03:46 Europe/Stockholm
To: Patrik Faltstrom <paf@cisco.com>
Subject: IPv6 multicast peer to peer system as internet RFC

Mr. Fältström,

my name is Andreas Bergstrøm and I am working on a multicast based
peer to
peer system for IPv6 at Østfold University College. We would like the
base
architecture of the system we are designing to be a open internet
standard, so that all may freely use it. I have been trying to find an
approprioate IETF working group, but by their description I have found
none. Trond Skjesol at Uninett in Norway then directed me to you.

So my question is, which, if any, IETF working group should I release
the
draft for discussion to?

(A preliminary version is available here:
http://ipv6.hiof.no/documents/multipeer.txt)

In hopes of a positive reply,

May you live long and spamless,

Andreas Bergstrøm