draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-06.txt

This is a requirements document -- shouldn't it use SHOULD and MUST,
instead of should and must?

3.7: Encryption keys need great care in handling, and should not be
readable by management systems.

4.5: Why must VPNs imply NAT?  A VPN is, by definition, private;
address space usage is thus among consenting parties.  If there are
non-uniqe address clouds among them, some form of NAT may be needed,
but why is that part of the VPN definition?  (Same for 5.3)

5.1:  That's out of scope -- it's business decision by the parties
involved.

5.9: I don't understnd the text "Security services shall apply to...
or, a subset of the VPN traffic between sites...".  Is that referring
to customer use of IPsec, with add-on security by the provider?  Also,
what is the "AH or ESP identifier"?  The IP protocol number for them?

6.9.1: Extending IPsec?  Not at this time; that WG needs to finish.

6.9.3: address-hiding?  Also, why is a firewall a necessary part of a
PPVPN?

6.10.3: The mind boggles.  I didn't think we knew how to do some of
that intra-provider, let alone inter-provider for multiple PPVPNs.