draft-allocchio-gstn-05.txt concern

A recent comment regarding an I-D I am authoring called
my attention to draft-allocchio-gstn-05.txt, an I-D I
previously have not reviewed nor thought to review.  I
am not an expert in GSTN.  However, in reading
draft-allocchio-gstn this day and reading the IESG ballot,
I do have a few concerns I would to echo.

I was quite struck by the the text:
   This memo describes the full text string
   representation method. This specification was
   explicitly created to provide an easy, unique and
   complete reference which MUST be used by all other
   specification needing a text string representation
   for a Dial Sequence.

as this is quite unusual for a technical specification to
mandate its use in all future technical specifications.  Those
kinds of mandates are commonly left to BCPs (where imperatives
refer to IETF progression of future works).  I suggest this text
be reworded to avoid the use of an implementation imperative
here (as keywords are defined here).

The I-D then continues:
   The specification was collected directly from Dial
   Sequence definitions which are already described in
   existing Standard Track specifications (such as [3]
   [4] [5] [6]) and is fully synchronized with them.
   Full compatibility is thus assured, and, as a consequence,
   this specification results in a compendium of
   existing definitions.

It is unclear to me whether the author considered the LDAP
specifications for Telephone Number and related E.123-based
syntaxes defined in RFC 2252 when engineering this work.  Hence,
I've very leery of a mandate that would require future LDAP
specifications to reference this new specification.  As co-chair
of LDAPBIS WG, I'd like to ask Steven Legg, an expert in LDAP
syntaxes and editor of the LDAPBIS syntaxes I-D, to (quickly)
review draft-allocchio-gstn and submit these comments to you
for your consideration.

My apologies for bring my concerns to you very late in the
process.

Regard, Kurt