Re: draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis-04.txt

--On Tuesday, 20 May, 2003 15:37 -0700 Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU> wrote:

John,

We are very grateful for the work you put into reading and
commenting on the document.
After the extensive work you did on "dns-role", and the whining I have done about other aspects of this, I felt I owed it to you. I appreciate the careful consideration you have obviously given to my remarks.

A number of your comments touch on areas where either my request/ intent or my objection was unclear. I apologize for any lack of clarity. I am in the middle of several other things right now and will not be able to clarify those points immediately, but will try to get comments back to you not later than the end of the weekend.

One observation that might help clarify several of those remarks, or at least provide context for them. From my perspective, the timing of this document is unfortunate. On the one hand, from the standpoint of a potential RFC author, it is overdue. On the other, it intersects issues about IETF and IESG procedures that are under active discussion in conjunction with the problem-statement WG and the proposed IESG Charter and it would be easier to construct this document if the issues being raised in those other venues were nailed down. Neither the issues, nor the timing, are the RFC Editor's fault, but it makes things less convenient.

More soon.
Best regards,
john