Re: draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis-04.txt

> By contrast, the rules and
> requirements developed for the third category should preserve
> the rights of an author to publish a document elsewhere if it
> is not accepted as an RFC and, in particular, the "not
> previously published elsewhere" requirement that is typical of
> many journals.

I do not understand this issue

1/ the author has that right now and has had that right - this is
not restricted by the IETF or RFC Editor in any way by publishing an
ID or a RFC

2/ if a publication currently thinks that an ID is a previous publication
I doubt that there is anything we can do about it

Scott