Re: draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis-04.txt

--On Tuesday, 27 May, 2003 16:38 -0700 Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU> wrote:

  *> best one (especially given that both the IESG and the RFC
Editor    *> has a history of misplacing individual submission
documents,    *> more different sorts of entities to track is
not necessarily a

Actually, John, that's not true.  We know EXACTLY where the
individual submissions are, and Sandy gives me a spread sheet
of them every week. Sitting on them is not the same as
misplacing them ;=)
I carefully said "history", and should have said "perceived history". I have no recent evidence that either the RFC Editor or the IESG is currently misplacing anything, nor that anything is getting lost as it is being passed back and forth between the two groups. :-). If I have perceived some things as misplaced when they were actually being sat upon... well, "misplaced" may be the more favorable perception and I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt here.

john