RE: IANA Matrix project - Transmission Numbers

For entry:

   Transmission Numbers    RFC (?)    RFC required

I believe the first RFC to talk about it is RFC1158, sect 3.11
It is mentioned again in RFC1213, sect 3.12 (still at full STD)
It is also mentioned in RFC2578, sect 2, the current SMIv2 STD 58

The statement that one needs an RFC in order to get an assignment,
probably comes from RFC1213, sect 3.12. The way I read it, it even seems
that one would need a stds track RFC. But I can live with just RFC.

Thanks,
Bert