Shopping for a moderator for the IETF mailing list

I'm planning to send a message to the IETF mailing list, asking for volunteers for the role of moderator - duties to include summaries of discussion and slapping-down of unruly list members.

It's clear from the spam flareup that the list is prone to rather destructive behaviour at times, and from the time I have to spend when I want to respond sensibly to a complaint that I'm not the right person to do it. (512 messages behind, and counting....)

We've got a charter for the list, so "legality" is not a question here.

Do people have thoughts about this before I "just do it"?

Harald