Re: Last Call: WebDAV Ordered Collections Protocol to ProposedStandard

I wrote a draft which attempts to create a framework for server-side ordering
that can be consumed by multiple IETF protocols:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newman-i18n-comparator-00.txt

I request that an expert in the webdav community review my draft to make sure
that is compatible with the webdav ordering draft.  From a brief skim of the
webdav ordering draft it appears it has left "server-maintained" ordering as a
future work item, so I expect no problems.  However, it would be a good
validation of the webdav ordering extensibility model to confirm it is
compatible.

It is possible the webdav ordering draft could support server-maintained
ordering through a relatively minor revision to reference my draft.  While that
would undoubtedly cause some delay in final publication, it may be worth
consideration by the working group.

                - Chris

begin quotation by The IESG on 2003/6/5 18:24 -0400: