Re: Ballot: Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier Ref erence to Draft Standard (Revised)

In message <7D5D48D2CAA3D84C813F5B154F43B15501CD0790@nl0006exch001u.nl.lucent.c
om>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" writes:
>Steve, in addition to the below, we should also realize that
>RFC2895 is only specifying a macro language to specify
>Protocol Identifiers and also has a set of specific
>definitions of Protocol Identifiers using that macro
>language.
>
>It does itself NOT specify a protocol that ever goes on the wire.
>The Protocol Identifiers a normally used in MIB modules, and such
>MIB modules of course have (must have) proper security considerations
>that make sense. So ... pls keep that in mind when re-evaluarting my
>note/response below.

Actually, I found your previous note more persuasive...  Security is
often more important at the human interface.

Anyway, change me to a no-ob.