IAB doc about on its way...

FYI, I've just asked to post a message to the ietf-announce
mailing list, asking for community input on another IAB
doc we're about ready to publish.

If you have any (further) comments on the doc, we'd be happy
to hear them.

Thanks,
Leslie.

===8<===8<====

Subject: Impending Publication: draft-iab-service-id-considerations-01.txt

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

Considerations on the use of a Service Identifier in Packet Headers
              draft-iab-service-id-considerations-01.txt

as an Informational RFC.  This document describes some considerations
relating to the use of IP protocol number fields and payload protocol (e.g.  TCP) port fields in protocols and deployed services. The IAB would
like to ensure that the IETF community has had an opportunity to
read it and comment before its publication.

The IAB solicits comments by July 7, 2003.  Please send
comments to the IAB (iab@iab.org), or to ietf@ietf.org.

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-service-id-considerations-01.txt

Abstract

  This memo describes some considerations relating to the use of IP
  protocol number fields and payload protocol (e.g.  TCP) port fields
  to identify particular services that may be associated with that port
  number or protocol number.

Leslie Daigle
For the IAB

"Reality: