From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
To: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>, new-work@ietf.org
Cc: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, zinin@psg.com
Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2003, 3:18:20 PM
Subject: WG Review: Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks (l3vpn)

I believe that layer-3 VPN work MUST specify what will go into a PKIX
certificate, if PKIX certificates are used to authenticate the end
points.

Also, I continue to object to the term "VPN" when encryption is not
involved. They maybe "virtually-private" networks to some. They are
as secure as in-band signaling was in POTS, and SS7 is now. I.e. not very.

So, call the group l3vn - layer-3 virtual networks.