Re: [secdir] [New-work] Re: WG Review: Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks (l3vpn)

Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> writes:

> > So, call the group l3vn - layer-3 virtual networks.
>
> The term "VPN" has been used within the context of this work for quite
> a while both in the industry and the IETF. It seems that changing it
> now is not warranted and would only cause confusion.

I agree with Michael.  If encryption is not part of the work then
it is not Private and therefore "Private" should not be part of the
name.  The fact that "industry" is using the term incorrectly does not
imply that we have to continue to abuse.  Show me one person that
wouldn't understand the phrase "virtual network".

> Thanks.
>
> Alex

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com