RE: RFC 3530

--On fredag, juni 20, 2003 14:00:26 -0700 "Noveck, Dave" <Dave.Noveck@netapp.com> wrote:

As far as interoperability testing so far, my guess is that almost all
testing so far has been with servers that implement case-sensitive
comparisons.  The exception would probably be the Hummingbird server,
but I don't believe that most clients would be affected if a server's
use of case-insensitive comparisons were somewhat non-standard.
smile when you say that..... and talk to a German who has a file name with a double-s in it..........

the problem is that *everyone* regards case-folding as simple, and in their own cultural context, it is.... but add them all together and despair....(or implement the Unicode algorithm....)