Re: Technical presentations for IESG plenary?

In message <E19TOY9-000Hor-Uq@ran.psg.com>, Randy Bush writes:
>>> rob thomas on the black hat world.
>> will he be in Vienna for other reasons?
>
>he has a conflict.

That's too bad.  I second Randy's suggestion; he'd be a great person to
make people understand the threat models that security designs need
to deal with.

In other words, maybe he can make people believe that Russ, Jeff,
Marcus, ekr, me, and all the other security folk are not just riding
our pet hobby horses -- there really is a serious threat out there.
(It's great fun to ask Rob about BGP prefix hijacking, or about his
list of compromised backbone routers belonging to major providers.  And
*lots* of our threat models come into play when routers aren't
trustable.)

Minneapolis?  That's a nice short trip for him.