Re: RFC 3530

On Sat Jun 21 05:30:13 2003, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> But, I am not talking about problems with the underlying file system. I
>
> am talking about problems when the file system handle double-s, but it
> is impossible to access the file via the NFS server due to case
> sensitivity mappings.

If you take for example the Windows NTFS file system, it has both case
sensitive and case insensitive access controlled by a simple flag when
the file is opened. If the underlying filesystem/computer is not set for
the correct Language or Microsoft got the case mapping wrong (there is
every chance of that :-)), then there is nothing the NFS server should
do about it. The server would be compliant, but the O/S is not. The NFS
client we see the same behaviour as the local client. If it is a
problem, don't buy that OS.

- Carl Beame