Re: Comment: draft-ietf-crisp-requirements-05.txt

Speaking as a WG participant:

hardie@qualcomm.com wrote:
At 5:43 AM -0700 6/26/03, Allison Mankin wrote:

Overall this is a very well-written spec.  One transport issue and two
questions about scope - perfectly reasonable answers are out of scope,
or already discussed and dismissed.

1.

The protocol MUST
   define one or more transport mechanisms for mandatory implementation.
                    ^congestion-aware or overload-aware

I realize that the transport choice could be UDP, but in that case,
congestion-aware would mean UDP without aggressive retransmission.
And in the case that that "transport" may be used here to mean a
higher layer protocol such as mail or http, then the term
overload-aware applies.

Speaking as one of the chairs, this change should be uncontroversial,
so an RFC editor note could cover it.
I believe the intention of the requirement is to be an
*application* transport.  I.e., beep, http, etc.

Leslie.

"Reality:
    Yours to discover."
                               -- ThinkingCat