Suggested Revisions to IESG Telechat Minutes

Hi Thomas:

I've received some suggestions from Ted and Harald on how to improve the telechat minutes for documents that are under discussion by the IESG.  Specifically, Ted suggested, and Harald agreed, that we should use the following boilerplate text for documents under discussion:

“The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve points raised by <insert name(s) of ADs>”

Harald also suggested that we add the following footnote to the minutes:

”Please see the ID Tracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi) for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.”

In addition, since the minutes are used by the Secretariat (as well as by the IESG and the IETF community as a whole), I would like to add a bit more detail to the statements concerning the types of announcements that the Secretariat will send for various documents.  Specifically, instead of stating that the Secretariat will send a “Protocol Action Announcement” or a “Document Action Announcement,” I would like to say that the Secretariat will send a “working group submission Protocol (or Document) Action Announcement” or an “individual submission Protocol (or Document) Action announcement.”  I believe that adding this clarifying text will further reduce the likelihood of errors.

While we are waiting for you to compile the collective IESG feedback on revisions to the minutes, would it be O.K. for the Secretariat to implement these suggested changes?  I would like to incorporate them into the current minutes (if time permits).  So if I don’t hear from you by the end of the week, then I’ll assume that it’s O.K. to proceed.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Barbara

Barbara B. Fuller