COACH BoF

COACH -- Comprehensive apprOACH to quality
Several presentations discussing things that could be done to improve quality of IETF output. The presentations ranged from
proposals for within-WG process improvements (Bernard Aboba & John Loughney's
"quality plan document"; Margaret Wasserman's "wg process" document,
Aaron Falk & Allison Mankin's presentation of the DCCP interim
review process), to proposals/theories about new work creation (my "pre-BoF" thought; John Klensin's fixed cap on number of WGs); to changes in IETF process (Brian Carpenter's "SIRs" review panel
proposal; Margaret Wasserman's "process" document from the PROBLEM
working group).

Most proposals seemed to get good interactive comments from
people in the room; relatively few "we can't do that; we've never
done that before" statements. At the same time, no one seemed to
be claiming their proposal was "it" -- the only thing needed, or
completely finished.

What isn't clear to me is: where from here. There seemed to be
a theory that this might be a working group, but it's not clear
to me that there is on-going working group material here (rather
than a good venue for discussing some point solution ideas).

Leslie.

"Reality:
Yours to discover."
-- ThinkingCat