Re: Last Call: Ingress Filtering for Multihomed Networks to BCP

At 09:46 AM 7/14/2003 -0400, Daniel Senie wrote:
While this proposed update deals with operational issues, failing to discuss the possibility of RIB-based RPF
just checking. The RIB, in my parlance, contains the information that neighboring routers have sent to me; of that, I take a subset and build a FIB.

If something is not in my FIB, it is because someone wrote a policy that says I should not use it or should select other information as a matter of preference. If the policy is that I should not select or should not use certain information for routing, why would I use it for validation?

I would be happy to discuss my concerns with the authors of the document, but do not believe the document is ready for publication in its present form.
of course I would be happy to discuss, and I'd be happy to receive your proposed text changes.