Re: What do we want to achieve from reorganizing our functions?

> one of the things I think is critical is that peole know that if
> they act in concert with their "superiors", they will not be
> second-guessed or undercut.  We do the same thing today in the WG
> Chair/AD relationship (when it works well) - a WG chair will know
> that he can say "yes" or "no", and the AD will back him up.

the problem is that authority for document approval is not clearly
delegated from the iesg to the wg chairs.  this goes back to two
things i said
  o it's documents all the way down, they're what really count
  o the organization is not top down hierarchic, the iesg does not
    _really_ have full and delegatable authority

so the wg chairs do not feel that they have the power to say "this
document will not fly unless X is done."  so they say things such
as "unless X is done, it will not get past the iesg."  they pass
the buck because
  o they feel they don't have the power
  o it's easier

randy