Re: CAPWAP BOF follow up: nmrg - CAPWAP

> Well, I think it is different in that there are vendors stepping up saying
> they want interoperability.

funny, that is not actually clear from discussion on the mailing list.
i would not call a protocol which merely downloads a code image to
contribute much to real interoperability.  but maybe i am missing
something.  so i am prodding the list to tease out some protein.  it's
moving slowly.

>> so i won't be able to load balance in a multi-vendor environment?
> The thought is that the protocol is all that is required for
> interoperability. In practice, that might not be so.

i am greatly relieved </sarcasm>.

> With my Docomo hat on, I can certainly say that it would be
> immensely useful for Docomo as a service provider to have an
> interoperable protocol that would allow this kind of mix and
> match between APs and ARs.

except i can not actully tease out from the list discussion exactly
what kind of interoperable protocol that would actually have a
multi-vendor deployment is being proposed.

but this whole discussion needs to move there.  and just the
technology, not the personalities.

randy