Re: FW: Last Call: 'IETF Rights in Contributions' to BCP

I fixed that on the flight out to San Fran today

Scott

---
From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
To: "Iesg (E-mail)" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: "Scott Bradner (E-mail)" <sob@harvard.edu>
Subject: FW: Last Call: 'IETF Rights in Contributions' to BCP
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:58:03 +0200

I see:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Intellectual Property
> Rights WG to consider the following Internet-Drafts as BCP.
> o Intellectual Property Rights (IPR): 'IETF Rights in Contributions'
>     <draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-06.txt>
>     BCP
> File(s) can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-06.txt

First, in Section 5.4, "Copyright Notice (required for all IETF
Documents)", it says:

   (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document.)

      "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year). This document is
      subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions contained in RFC
      XXXX and except as set forth therein, the authors retain all their
      rights."

And I see:

   a. in MIB modules, PIB modules and similar material commonly
      extracted from IETF Documents, except for material that is being
      placed under IANA maintenance, the following abbreviated notice
      shall be included in the body of the material that will be
      extracted in lieu of the notices otherwise required by Section 5:

==>      "Copyright (C) <year> The Internet Society.  This version of
         this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX;  see the RFC itself for
         full legal notices."

In the current MIB modules we use
         "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).  This version of
         this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX;  see the RFC itself for
         full legal notices."

So the line at the arrow is not in sync with current practice, and also
not in sync with section 5.4. Just a nit I guess, but might
as well get it consistent.

Bert