Subject: [Fwd: ANSI Request for Meeting]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:48:16 -0400
From: Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com>
To: iab@ietf.org

My proposed reply:

"Dear Ms. Caldas,

Thank you for your note.
The IETF is an international standards development organization,
and as such, I'm afraid I do not see how it fits into the category
of organizations to which you are looking to reach out.

We remain dedicated to establishing liaison relationships
and working closely with other SDOs for work of mutual
interest and responsibility.
If you could identify where you perceive those linkages,
we would be happy to consider a liaison relationship, but
we decline to accept the invitation as presented.

Best regards,

Leslie Daigle
for the IAB. "