Internal WG Review: Recharter of AToM MIB (atommib)

A new charter for the AToM MIB (atommib) Working Group in the
Operations and Management Area of the IETF is being considered.
The draft charter is provided below for your review and comment.

Review time is one week.

The IETF Secretariat.

+++

 IESG, IAB

 This WG currently exists in the INT Area. But all they do is
 work on MIB documents. Basically it means that I interact with
 them much more than any of the INT ADs (which is indeed
 logical if they just work on MIBs).

 So Thomas, Margaret and I have discussed with the WG chairs
 to move the WG to OPS area and I will then be primary AD.
 WG chairs agree with that.

 At the same time, I have evaluated the WG charter with the
 WG chairs and a lot of work has been completed, so we propose
 to bring the current WG charter in sync with the remaining
 work items.

 Below is the proposed re-charter text.

 Thanks,
 Bert

AToM MIB (atommib)
------------------

 Charter
 Last Modified: 2003-08-01

 Current Status: Active Working Group

 Chair(s):
     Faye Ly <faye@pedestalnetworks.com>
     Kam Lam <hklam@lucent.com>

 Operations and Management Area Director(s):
     Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
     Bert Wijnen <bwijnen@lucent.com>

 Operations and Management Area Advisor:
     Bert Wijnen <bwijnen@lucent.com>

 Technical Advisor(s):
     Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com> ?? still to be discussed ??

 Mailing Lists:
     General Discussion: atommib@research.telcordia.com
     Archive: ftp://ftp.research.telcordia.com/pub/Group.archive/atommib

 Description of Working Group:

 The AToM MIB Working Group is currently chartered to:

 1. Maintain and advance on the standards track the existing
       specifications for ATM management (RFC2512-2515).

 2. Maintain and advance on the standards track other trunk-mib
       specifications (i.e., for DS0 - DS3-E3, RFC2493-2496).

 The objects defined by the working group will be consistent with the
 Internet-standard Management framework.

 Goals and Milestones:

 Done Revised OpticalMIB Internet-Draft and make available for
                     discussion
 Done Submit the SONET APS MIB to the IESG for consideration as
                     a Proposed Standard
 Done Report on implementation experience on RFC 2558
 Done Submit OpticalMIB Internet-Draft to IESG for standards
                     track elevation
 Done Submit the ATM Supplemental to the IESG for consideration
                     as a Proposed Standard
 Done Report on implementation experience on RFC 2493
 Done Submit any needed revisions of RFC2493 to the IESG for
                     standards track advancement as appropriate
 Done Submit any needed revisions of RFC2558 to the IESG for
                     standards track advancement as appropriate

 Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2494
 Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2495-2496
 Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2512-2513
 Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2514-2515
 Oct 03 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2495-2496 to the IESG
                     for standards track advancement as appropriate
 Oct 03 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2514-2515 to the IESG
                     for consideration of standards track advancement as
                     appropriate
 Jan 04 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2494 to the IESG for
                     standards track advancement as appropriate
 Jan 04 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2512-2513 to the IESG
                     for consideration of standards track advancement
                     as appropriate
 Jan 04 Re-evaluate charter or close the WG