Re: need jabber help

For winblows... I've had success with psi:

	http://psi.affinix.com/

For linux, I've favoured the tkabber client:

	http://tkabber.jabber.ru/en/

though it may be a bit fiddlier than gabber to get it
to work (getting tcl files to appropriate directories
and finding the right incantation to invoke).

Leslie.

Thomas Narten wrote:
I (and mrw) want to install/run jabber for IESG stuff. Can someone
help get started?

I.e., presumably one needs:

- accounts and a server (is randy running the one everyone are using?)
- client software (needed for Redhat 7.1 or 8.0, and windows 2k and/or XP)

Although the topic has come up before, I can't (now) seem to find
pointers to the recommended clients, etc. Can someone help me get
started?

Also, what (if any) issues are there with running through NAT and/or
firewalls? (Not sure just what the firewall at work blocks -- outgoing
tcp seems to generally be fine).

Thanks!
Thomas

"Reality: