Agenda and Package for August 7, 2003 Telechat, 2nd Draft

        INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
      Agenda for the August 7, 2003 IESG Teleconference

1. Administrivia

  o Roll Call

Dear IESG Members:

The next IESG teleconference will take place on Thursday, August 7, 2003
from 11:30-14:00 US-ET. If you are *unable* to participate in the
teleconference, or if you wish to change your usual procedures for
connecting to the call (as indicated in the list below), then please reply
to this message as follows:

o If you are unable to participate, then please write "Regrets" after your
name.
o If you normally call in, but will require operator assistance for this
teleconference, then please provide the telephone number where you can be
reached.
o If you are normally connected to the teleconference by an operator, but
will call in for this teleconference, then please write "Will call in" next
to your name in place of the telephone number.

Harald Alvestrand---Will call in
Rob Austein---Will call in
Marcia Beaulieu---Regrets
Steve Bellovin---Will call in
Randy Bush---Will call in
Michelle Cotton---Will call in
Leslie Daigle---Will call in
Bill Fenner---Will call in
Ned Freed---Will call in
Barbara Fuller---Will call in
Ted Hardie---Will call in
Jacqueline Hargest---Regrets
Russ Housley---Regrets
Allison Mankin---Will call in
Thomas Narten---Will call in
Jon Peterson---Will call in
Joyce K. Reynolds---Will call in
Dinara Suleymanova---Regrets
Amy Vezza---Will call in
Margaret Wasserman---Will call in
Bert Wijnen---Will call in
Alex Zinin---Will call in

To join the teleconference, please call the appropriate dial-in number (see
below) at 11:30 AM ET. If you have requested operator assistance, then an
operator will call you and connect you to the call.

Participants inside the U.S. should use the toll-free number 888-315-1685.

Participants outside the U.S. should use either one of the toll-free
numbers listed at the end of this message, or the direct-dial number
703-788-0617. Participants using the direct-dial number will pay their own
long distance charges through their own carriers. Participants dialing the
toll-free number will not pay any charges for the conference, as all
charges, including long distance, will be included on the invoice sent to
the company hosting the call. In some cases, participants from certain
international countries may only use a direct-dial number.

All participants should enter the passcode 235467 when prompted to do so.

The first person on the call will not hear anything until joined by other
participants. A tone will sound as others join the conference.
TOLL-FREE NUMBERS

ARGENTINA---0800-666-0375
AUSTRALIA---1800-001-906
BRAZIL---000-817-200-5360
CHINA---10800-1300398
FINLAND---08001-10966
FRANCE---0800-91-1452
GERMANY---0800-181-7632
HONG KONG---800-96-3907
HUNGARY---06-800-15083
ISRAEL---18009300182
JAPAN---00531-13-0415
MEXICO---001-866-857-1855
NORWAY---800-10-074
SWEDEN---020-791386
UNITED KINGDOM---0800-904-7969
SOUTH KOREA---00308-131103
NETHERLANDS---0800-023-2726

PARTICIPANTS FROM ALL OTHER COUNTRIES MUST USE THE DIRECT DIAL NUMBER AND
THUS INCUR CHARGES FROM THEIR OWN CARRIER.

  o Bash the Agenda

  o Approval of the Minutes
    - July 10, 2003
  o Review of Action Items
OUTSTANDING TASKS
	Last updated: July 31, 2003

IP  	o Allison Mankin to review draft-agrawal-sip-h323-interworking-reqs
        and send decision to IESG.
IP  	o Bert Wijnen to document process of how the IESG goes about asking architectural
        questions of the IAB
IP  	o Thomas Narten to write (or cause to be written) a draft on "how to get to Draft".
IP  	o Thomas Narten to contact Cablelabs to discuss formal relationship with IAB
IP  	o Steve Bellovin to write RFC re: TCP MD5 option
IP  	o Randy Bush and Ned Hardie to finish ID on Clarifying when Standards Track Documents may
        Refer Normatively to Documents at a Lower Level
IP  	o Alex Zinin to send proposal and justification for interim document review.
IP  	o Steve Bellovin to propose a different document classification than the current
        info/proposed/etc.
IP	o Alex Zinin to phrase a question to RTG and OPS Area Directoriats and IAB
	  on PPVPN issue. Alex to summarize the results as a proposed IESG consensus
	  regarding the PPVPN issue to be given to the PPVPN working group.
IP	o Ted Hardie to send the Secretariat a message to forward to the RFC Editor
        indicating that the Do Not Publish note that was originally created for
        draft-paskin-doi-uri-03.txt also applies to draft-paskin-doi-uri-04.txt.

2. Protocol Actions

2.1 WG Submissions
2.1.1 New Item
  o draft-ietf-pkix-wlan-extns-04.txt
    Certificate Extensions and Attributes Supporting Authentication in PPP
    and Wireless LAN (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Steve Bellovin
  o draft-ietf-impp-im-03.txt
    Common Profile for Instant Messaging (CPIM) (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Hardie, Ted
  - draft-ietf-impp-cpim-msgfmt-08.txt
Common Presence and Instant Messaging: Message Format (Proposed
    Standard)
  - draft-ietf-impp-cpim-pidf-08.txt
Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) (Proposed Standard)
  - draft-ietf-impp-pres-03.txt
Common Profile for Presence (CPP) (Proposed Standard)
  - draft-ietf-impp-srv-03.txt
Address Resolution for Instant Messaging and Presence (Proposed
    Standard)
  o draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-08.txt
    The IPv4 DHCP Options for the Internet Storage Name Service (Proposed
    Standard)
    Token: Thomas Narten
    Note: Title says "options" rather than "option" but otherwise ready.
  o draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-04.txt
    IPv6 Prefix Options for DHCPv6 (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Thomas Narten
  o draft-ietf-secsh-dns-04.txt
    Using DNS to securely publish SSH key fingerprints (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Housley, Russ
  o draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ctr-05.txt
    Using AES Counter Mode With IPsec ESP (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Steve Bellovin
  o draft-ietf-smime-camellia-04.txt
    Use of the Camellia Encryption Algorithm in CMS (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Housley, Russ
  o draft-ietf-ipv6-flow-label-07.txt
    IPv6 Flow Label Specification (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Thomas Narten
  o draft-schryver-pppext-iana-01.txt
    IANA Considerations for the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) (BCP)
    Token: Thomas Narten
    Note: I have some nits that will need cleaning up before IESG approval,
    but document seems fine overall.

2.1.2 Returning Item
  o draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-10.txt
    Information Model for Describing Network Device QoS Datapath Mechanisms
    (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Bert Wijnen
    Note: Returning document to IESG agenda. Allison still has a DISCUSS to
    be documented. Responsible: Bert
  o draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-05.txt
    Policy QoS Information Model (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Bert Wijnen
    Note: Returning this to IESG telechat This to force resolution of a
    DEFER and a DISCUSS. Responsible: Bert Wijnen
  o draft-ietf-kink-kink-05.txt
    Kerberized Internet Negotiation of Keys (KINK) (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Bellovin, Steve

2.2 Individual Submissions
2.2.1 New Item
 NONE
2.2.2 Returning Item
  o draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-05.txt
    The IETF XML Registry (BCP)
    Token: Ted Hardie
  o draft-zeilenga-ldap-collective-08.txt
    Collective Attributes in LDAP (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Ted Hardie
    Note: New versions exists which is verified with IESG Responsible:
    Patrik
  - draft-zeilenga-ldap-subentry-07.txt
Subentries in LDAP (Proposed Standard)
  - draft-legg-ldap-gser-abnf-07.txt
Common Elements of GSER Encodings (Informational)
  - draft-legg-ldap-gser-04.txt
Generic String Encoding Rules for ASN.1 Types (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-yergeau-rfc2279bis-05.txt
    UTF-8, a transformation format of ISO 10646 (Standard)
    Token: Ted Hardie

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions
3.1.1 New Item
  o draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-anycast-analysis-02.txt
    An analysis of IPv6 anycast (Informational)
    Token: Nordmark, Erik
    Note: Ready for IESG agenda
  o draft-ietf-ieprep-ets-general-03.txt
    General Requirements for Emergency Telecommunication Service
    (Informational)
    Token: Jon Peterson
  o draft-ietf-xmldsig-xpf2-00.txt
    XML-Signature XPath Filter 2.0 (Informational)
    Token: Housley, Russ
  o draft-ietf-dhc-unused-optioncodes-05.txt
    Unused DHCP Option Codes (Informational)
    Token: Thomas Narten
    Note: 2003-06-24: sent comments to list (mainly nits).

3.1.2 Returning Item
  o draft-ietf-xmldsig-xc14n-01.txt
    Exclusive XML Canonicalization, Version 1.0 (Informational)
    Token: Housley, Russ
  o draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-04.txt
    Policy Requirements for Time-Stamping Authorities (Informational)
    Token: Housley, Russ

3.2 Indiviual Submissions Via AD
3.2.1 New Item
  o draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-04.txt
    6bone (IPv6 Testing Address Allocation) Phaseout (Informational)
    Token: Bush, Randy

3.2.2 Returning Item
 NONE

3.3 Indiviual Submissions Via RFC Editor
3.3.1 New Item
 NONE
3.3.2 Returning Item
  o draft-shah-extreme-eaps-03.txt
    Extreme Networks'Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS),
    Version 1 (Informational)
    Token: Thomas Narten
    Note: Note to IESG: Checked with IEEE and they don't have a problem
    with this document.

4. Working Group Actions
4.1 WG Creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
  o Mobility for IPv4
    Token: Thomas
  o Centralized Conferencing
    Token: Allison
4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
    NONE
4.2 WG Rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
  o Multicast Security
  o IP over Cable Data Network
    Token: Bert
  o AToM MIB
    Token: Bert
4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
    NONE

5. Working Group News We Can Use

6. IAB News We Can Use
* Review of boxes and arrows

IESG,

I had posted the below a while ago, but it was just
before the IETF meeting in Vienna, so maybe it got
lost. By putting this on the Telechat Agenda, I am
trying to gently force everyone to read it and to
comment so we can feed back to Eric and IAB. In fact,
feel free to post to Eric and or IAB list directly.

The document in question is: http://www.rtfm.com/model.txt

Thanks,
Bert

7. Management Issues
* IESG architectural questions to IAB

This is a direct result of my ACTION ITEM:
    IP o Erik to document process of how the IESG goes about asking architectural
                              questions of the IAB
Yep, it still seems listed under Erik (on the online draft agenda),
but I inherited that work/action item at the last telechat.

For the IESG, below is the proposed procedure.

-- draft procedure for: how IESG sends architectural questions to IAB--

When we (IESG) want architectural help/review from/by the IAB,
then we should properly formulate what we expect.

What we should make clear is:

1. What is the exact architural question we have. Would be best
      if IESG has consensus on the question as well.

2. What type of response we want to get, e.g. one or more of
      - a document;
      - a (few) paragraph(s),
      - an e-mail to IESG or some specific mailing list
      - discussion with IESG or some specific WG

3. By what time we expect the above to happen

4. If we believe we know who on the IAB would have the appropriate
      background to tackle the problem, we should be prepared to
      inform IAB, IAB-chair or specific person(s) about that.

Steps:
- Once IESG agrees on the above, we (IESG chair) send(s) an
    email to the iab mailing list.
- The first round of discussions is then to make sure that IAB and
    IESG have a common understanding of the question and expected
    delivery and time-frame.
- If IAB however has clarifying questions then we need to discuss
    and explain, which may result in a re-statement of the question.
    This discussion is expected to happen on both iab and iesg mailing
    lists. Sometimes things may be easy and do not need this step.
- Once IAB and IESG agree on the question, the deliverable,
    and the respective IAB & IESG members who are designated as
    responsible for seeing this activity to completion, the
    IAB starts the work and delivers as requested. The designated
    stuckees may continue to discuss (liaise) refinements as needed.
- When IAB thinks they have delivered, they (IAB chair) send(s) an
    email to IESG saying so and pointing to the deliverable.
- IESG checks and IESG chair lets IAB know if they are happy and
    if not explain why not.

Bert
DRAFT*DRAFT*DRAFT*DRAFT*DRAFT*DRAFT
INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the July 10, 2003 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Amy Vezza, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES
------------------
Harald Alvestrand / Cisco
Rob Austein / IAB Liaison
Steve Bellovin / AT&T
Randy Bush / IIJ
Leslie Daigle / Verisign (IAB)
Bill Fenner / AT&T
Ned Freed / Sun Microsystems
Barbara Fuller / IETF Secretariat
Ted Hardie / Qualcomm, Inc.
Russ Housley / Vigil Security, LLC
Allison Mankin / Bell Labs, Lucent
Thomas Narten / IBM
Erik Nordmark / Sun
Jon Peterson / NeuStar, Inc.
Dinara Suleymanova / IETF Secretariat
Amy Vezza / IETF Secretariat
Bert Wijnen / Lucent
Alex Zinin / Alcatel

REGRETS
------------
Marcia Beaulieu / IETF Secretariat
Michelle Cotton / ICANN
Jacqueline Hargest / IETF Secretariat
Joyce K. Reynolds / ISI (RFC Editor)

MINUTES
---------------

1. Administrivia
1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the June 26, 2003 Teleconference were approved
pending removal of the "Web notes." The Secretariat will place
the minutes in the public archives.

1.2 Review of Action Items

DONE:

o Harald Alvestrand to talk to RFC Editor about independent
submissions.
o Thomas Narten to coordinate and send comments on minutes
to the Secretariat. IESG to review the format of the minutes
and propose changes to improve readability and communication
to the outside world.
o Steve Bellovin to make proposal to discuss "problem" at the
Sunday IESG meeting in Vienna.
o Thomas Narten to write up issue with references in
draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-06.txt and start discussion in
IESG list.

DELETED:

NONE

IN PROGRESS:

o Allison Mankin to review draft-agrawal-sip-h323-interworking-reqs and send
decision to IESG.
o Bert Wijnen to document process of how the IESG goes about asking architectural
questions of the IAB.
o Thomas Narten to write (or cause to be written) a draft on "how to get to
Draft."
o Thomas Narten to contact Cablelabs to discuss formal relationship with IAB.
o Steve Bellovin to write RFC re: TCP MD5 option.
o Randy Bush and Ned Freed to finish ID on Clarifying when Standards Track Documents
may Refer Normatively to Documents at a Lower Level.
o Alex Zinin to send proposal and justification for interim document review.
o Steve Bellovin to propose a different document classification than the current
info/proposed/etc.
o Alex Zinin to phrase a question to RTG and OPS Area Directorates and IAB
on PPVPN issue. Alex to summarize the results as a proposed IESG consensus
regarding the PPVPN issue to be given to the PPVPN working group.

NEW:

o Ted Hardie to send the Secretariat a message to forward to the RFC Editor
indicating that the Do Not Publish note that was originally created for
draft-paskin-doi-uri-03.txt also applies to draft-paskin-doi-uri-04.txt.

2. Protocol Actions
2.1 WG Submissions
2.1.1 New Item

o draft-ietf-atommib-atm2-19.txt - 1 of 10
Definitions of Supplemental Managed Objects for ATM Interface (Proposed
Standard)
Token: Nordmark, Erik

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Erik Nordmark. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor Note.

o draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-10.txt - 2 of 10
Information Model for Describing Network Device QoS Datapath Mechanisms
(Proposed Standard)
Token: Wijnen, Bert

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Allison Mankin.*

o draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-05.txt - 3 of 10
Policy QoS Information Model (Proposed Standard)
Token: Wijnen, Bert

The document was deferred to the next teleconference by Steve Bellovin.
The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Russ Housley.*

o draft-ietf-sip-sctp-03.txt - 4 of 10
The Stream Control Transmission Protocol as a Transport for for the
Session Initiation Protocol (Proposed Standard)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Steve Bellovin, Ned Freed, and Ted Hardie.*

o Set of two documents - 5 of 10
- draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-07.txt
Finding FCIP Entities Using SLPv2 (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-ips-isci-slp-06.txt
Finding iSCSI Targets and Name Servers Using SLP (Proposed Standard)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The documents were deferred to the next teleconference by Thomas Narten.
The documents remain under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Steve Bellovin and Ted Hardie.*

o draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-04.txt - 6 of 10
Best Current Practices for Third Party Call Control in the Session
Initiation Protocol (BCP)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document was deferred to the next teleconference by Steve Bellovin.
The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Russ Housley and Erik Nordmark.*

o draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-03.txt - 7 of 10
DNS Extensions to support IP version 6 (Draft Standard)
Token: Nordmark, Erik

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Erik Nordmark. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor
Note.

o draft-ietf-ospf-hitless-restart-07.txt - 8 of 10
Graceful OSPF Restart (Proposed Standard)
Token: Zinin, Alex

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Ted Hardie.*

o draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-09.txt - 9 of 10
WebDAV Ordered Collections Protocol (Proposed Standard)
Token: Hardie, Ted

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Allison Mankin.*

o draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt - 10 of 10
RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR) (Proposed Standard)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin. The Secretariat will send a
working group submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes
the RFC Editor Note.

2.1.2 Returning Item

o draft-ietf-dnsext-gss-tsig-06.txt - 1 of 7
GSS Algorithm for TSIG (GSS-TSIG) (Proposed Standard)
Token: Nordmark, Erik

The document was approved by the IESG. The Secretariat will send a
working group submission Protocol Action Announcement.

o draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-10.txt - 2 of 7
Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF Version 2 (Proposed Standard)
Token: Fenner, Bill

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Thomas Narten, and by Thomas Narten on behalf of IANA.*

o draft-ietf-dnsext-ad-is-secure-06.txt - 3 of 7
Redefinition of DNS AD bit (Proposed Standard)
Token: Nordmark, Erik

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Erik Nordmark. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor Note.

o draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-06.txt - 4 of 7
The E.164 to URI DDDS Application (ENUM) (Proposed Standard)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Ted Hardie.*

o draft-ietf-sip-scvrtdisco-04.txt - 5 of 7
Session Initiation Protocol Extension Header Field for Service Route
Discovery During Registration (Proposed Standard)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Allison Mankin on behalf of IANA.*

o draft-ietf-magma-mld-source-07.txt - 6 of 7
Source Address Selection for Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (RFC
2710) (Proposed Standard)
Token: Nordmark, Erik

The document was approved by the IESG. The Secretariat will send a
working group submission Protocol Action Announcement.

o draft-ietf-mobileip-mipv6-ha-ipsec-06.txt - 7 of 7
Using IPsec to Protect Mobile IPv6 Signaling between Mobile Nodes and
Home Agents (Proposed Standard)
Token: Narten, Thomas

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Steve Bellovin and Randy Bush.*

2.2 Individual Submissions
2.2.1 New Item

NONE

2.2.2 Returning Item

o draft-legg-ldapext-component-matching-11.txt - 1 of 1
LDAP & X.500 Component Matching Rules (Proposed Standard)
Token: Hardie, Ted

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Ted Hardie. The Secretariat will send an individual
submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor Note.

3. Document Actions
3.1 WG Submissions
3.1.1 New Item

o draft-ietf-gsmp-reqs-06.txt - 1 of 3
Requirements For Adding Optical Support To GSMPv3 (Informational)
Token: Wijnen, Bert

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Allison Mankin and Bert Wijnen. The Secretariat will send
a working group submission Document Action Announcement that includes the
RFC Editor Note.

o draft-ietf-sipping-3gpp-r5-requirements-00.txt - 2 of 3
3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 5 requirements on the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Informational)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document remains under discussion by the IESG.* Allison Mankin will
prepare a revised IESG Note.

o draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-09.txt - 3 of 3
Topology Dissemination Based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF)
(Experimental)
Token: Zinin, Alex

The document remains under discussion by the IESG to address
points raised by IANA.*

3.1.2 Returning Item

o draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-new-rfc2527-02.txt - 1 of 4
Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Policy and
Certification Practices Framework (Informational)
Token: Housley, Russ

The document was approved by the IESG. The Secretariat will send
a working group submission Document Action Announcement.

o draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-reqs-06.txt - 2 of 4
A One-way Active Measurement Protocol Requirements (Informational)
Token: Mankin, Allison

The document remains under discussion by the IESG.*

o draft-ietf-manet-olsr-11.txt - 3 of 4
Optimized Link State Routing Protocol (Experimental)
Token: Zinin, Alex

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to
be prepared by Alex Zinin. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Document Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor
Note.

o draft-ietf-crisp-requirements-05.txt - 4 of 4
Cross Registry Internet Service Protocol (CRISP) Requirements
(Informational)
Token: Freed, Ned

The Document remains under discussion by the IESG.*

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD
3.2.1 New Item

o draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-04.txt - 1 of 2
Use of /127 Prefix Length Between Routers Considered Harmful
(Informational)
Token: Bush, Randy

The document was approved by the IESG. The Secretariat will send a
n individual submission Document Action Announcement.

o draft-siemborski-mupdate-04.txt - 2 of 2
The MUPDATE Distributed Mailbox Database Protocol (Experimental)
Token: Freed, Ned

The document was deferred to the next teleconference by Ted Hardie.

3.2.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor
3.3.1 New Item

o draft-song-pppext-sip-support-02.txt - 1 of 1
SIP server IPCP configuration option for PPP (Informational)
Token: Narten, Thomas

The IESG recommends that the RFC Editor does not publish this
document. The Secretariat will send a "do not publish" message
prepared by Thomas Narten to the RFC Editor.

3.3.2 Returning Item

o Set of three documents - 1 of 3
- draft-sun-handle-system-11.txt
Handle System Overview (Informational)
- draft-sun-handle-system-def-08.txt
Handle System Namespace and Service Definition (Informational)
- draft-sun-handle-system-protocol-05.txt
Handle System Protocol (ver 2.1) Specification (Informational)
Token: Hardie, Ted

The IESG has no problem with the RFC Editor publishing these documents.
Ted Hardie will prepare a "no problem" message, and forward it to the
Secretariat to send to the RFC Editor.

o draft-bradner-pbk-frame-06.txt - 2 of 3
A Framework for Purpose-Built Keys (PBK) (Informational)
Token: Bellovin, Steve

The document remains under discussion by the IESG.*

o draft-leech-chinese-lottery-04.txt - 3 of 3
Chinese Lottery Cryptanalysis Revisited: The Internet as Codebreaking
Tool (Informational)
Token: Bellovin, Steve

The IESG has no problem with the RFC Editor publishing this document.
The Secretariat will send a standard "no problem" message to the RFC
Editor that includes an RFC Editor Note to be prepared by Steve
Bellovin.

4. Working Group Actions
4.1 WG Creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

4.2 WG Rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review

NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

5. Working Group News We Can Use

6. IAB News We Can Use

7. Management Issues

o Sunday's agenda (added by Harald Alvestrand)
- Is 1000-1400 enough time?
- Are the topics listed the most important ones?
(discussed)
o Routing Protocol overload (added by Alex Zinin)
(discussed)

* Please see the ID Tracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi) for details
on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.