Appel due to management of the "site-local issue"

During the IETF meeting in San Francisco, rough consensus found that site-local was to be deprecated.
The wg was to investigate other approaches to the problems site-local claims to solve. It should be noted
that the wg chairs explicitly before the meeting in San Francisco asked people not directly involved in
ipv6 design (security, routing and applications people) to get involved with this issue. In my opinion
from talking to a number of collegues and from the traffic on the mailing list those involved from other
areas are no longer actively participating in the debate since they believe that site-locals has indeed been deprecated and that the ipv6 wg is continuing the important work on ipv6 in the IETF.

Currently the question about the future and status of site-locals is again beeing discussed in the wg
despite the fact that consensus was achieved in SF and confirmed on the mailing-list. This is a sign that
the wg chairs have not been able to follow the plan laid out at the SF meeting.

I respectfully ask that the ADs to confirm the decision made in San Francisco, later confirmed on the
mailing list, and ask the wg chairs to please move on, working on real issues regarding ipv6 than beating
this dead horse once again.

Best Regards
Leif Johansson
Stockholm university