Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption - The IPv4 DHCP Options for the Internet Storage Name Service

In message <200308011354.JAA19962@ietf.org>, IESG Secretary writes:

>Last Call to expire on: 2003-07-22
>
>        Please return the full line with your position.
>
>                      Yes  No-Objection  Discuss  Abstain
>Steve Bellovin       [   ]     [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]

Is 3118 mandatory-to-implement or not?  I have a hard time
understanding why it should be optional.

What are the semantics if both "Main Mode" and "Aggressive Mode" have
the same value?  "Transport Mode" and "Tunnel Mode"?  If IKE/IPsec is
disabled, what security should be used?  Any?  None?

The IANA Considerations section is inadequate.  First, it should state
what registry the option code should be taken from.  Second, it should
state what what procedure (per 2434) should be used to assign new
values to the assorted bit fields in this option.