Re: SMTP blocked between ISPs

The best solution, even though half-baked in the anti-spam rg, is to require:

- I get an SMTP connection from some IP address
- Before saying ok to the mail, I look up a new RR type and the domain
name of the envelope sender address
- The result should be the IP address of the peer

That binds the domain to the IP address, and the one updating that record need access to the DNS servers for that domain.

The anti-spam-wg have some more complicated schemes which I don't trust (they have one more layer of indirection which I think opens a hole for hackers to create problems).

Yes, everyone have to implement this, but, I am happy to start using it and placing all mail from non-authorized users last in the incoming queue...

I do not understand how one can start blocking spam without "restarting".

But, mechanisms like the one above require direct connections between sending and receiving domains.

paf