RE: Comments on draft-ietf-ieprep-ets-general-03.txt

>         The requirements of section 3 discuss labels and security.  In
>         going beyond this, the ability to distinguish emergency flows
>         implies the need for admission control if resources become
>         scarce.  Solutions must recognize this when trying to satisfy
>         the above requirements such that the simple presence of a label
>         does not imply admission control always exists along the
>         end-to-end path.
>
> It is not clear to me whether this means "the requirements here
> imply that admission control must be added to the Internet architecture"
> or "there is a requirement to find solutions which do not rely
> on admission control, since it is not part of the Internet architecture."

I just read it as "caveat emptor - labeling traffic does not provide all of
the same properties as admission control". Presumably, some readers of the
document might be confused about the matter.

I think your text below is an improvement, and I imagine it would probably
be acceptable to the authors.

- J