How to ask architectural question to IAB

The IAB discussed this (unfortunately I was not present),
but based on my report from IESG to IAB (including our
agreed text):

  + The IESG has agreed on a more streamlined process on how to
    ask architectural questions from IAB. This has been passed to
    the IAB for comment.

The IAB responds (in draft minutes):

    The IAB noted its general agreement with this proposal,
    with the understanding that if the IESG elected to
    nominate particular IAB members to undertake such
    activities, this would be interpreted as a recommendation
    to the IAB Chair.

I think that is fair.

Thanks,
Bert