Re: Plenary Format - discussion notes

--On 14. august 2003 18:50 -0700 Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:

I had suggested that this too be handled in a joint manner. IAB
comment has been that this is perhaps too many people on the stage if
we continue to use the stage format. Other suggestions have included:
1/2 of the IESG and 1/2 of the IAB on the stage each time (or some
other fraction), or to set a fixed max time for each group to be on
the stage and swap who goes first each time. Or something else, if you
can think of another way to do the open mic thing in a rational way.
i have long wanted to get off the stage.  i do not like sitting
royally above people.  get the whole lot of us off the stage, and
let us queue up for mics just as everyone else does.
I have the opposite reaction - that having us be off stage looks like we're trying to hide our responsibility, leaving the person(s) leading the discussions up there alone.
And in the IESG plenary especially, I like to have the ability to have the relevant AD respond, rather than channeling everything through the majordomo.

Harald