Re: last call comments to draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-04.txt

>>         comments to draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-04.txt.
>>
>>         in short: combine draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-04.txt and
>>         draft-housley-ccm-mode-02.txt, with fixing needless variables to
>>         fixed value, removing unneeded text.
>
>I am unwilling to do this.  IEEE 802.11i will be referencing the RFC that
>results from draft-housley-ccm-mode.  Thus, two separate specifications
>are highly desirable.
>
>>         draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-04.txt refers to
>>         draft-housley-ccm-mode-02.txt wrt actual encryption, therefore i
>>         consider draft-housley-ccm-mode-02.txt be a companion document and
>>         will be published at the same time.  am i correct?
>
>draft-housley-ccm-mode is already in the RFC Editor queue.  It will be
>published first.

	i see, then we need more clarity in draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-04.txt
	as to the use of CCM mode.  whether plaintext (ESP coverage) is "m"
	or "a", whether we allow L other than 4, whether ESP ICV is T or U,
	and there could be more things need clarification.

itojun